Return to Play Information
Spring season cancelled and season fees refunded
- Return to training 25th October (non contact first week)
- Return to play Friday 12th / Saturday 13th November - teams have been canvassed and 80% of our teams will play in this tournament
Relaxed Process team entries (due via email 5th Nov
- no finals
- uniforms (same bibs, no jewellery)
- team players
- All sections will play (11/U mixed, 13/U mixed, 15/U female, 15/U mixed, 17/U female, Open female)
- Maximum venue capacity 500 people. 1 support person MAX per player.
- Checking in with QR code
- Social distancing
- Sharing equipment
- Get in, get out
- COVID Safety Plan
- DANIEL ANDREWS "Advice from all our public health officials is that vaccination remains our best protection"
- BRETT SUTTON (VCHO) "We all need to do our bit to protect the community and get back to the things we love”.
NETBALL VICTORIA "What has come through loud and clear is the government’s requirement for individuals to be fully vaccinated to
participate in many aspects of community life upon re opening. We encourage our members to get vaccinated (if eligible)”
CDNA Covid-19 Update (22/10)
To all of our great clubs and independent teams,
Hope you’re all going really well.
I just wanted to get in touch with you all asap to let you know about the latest Government community sport COVID requirements and how they
will affect you all within our CDNA Community.
Please forgive me if the notes jump all over the place as I only just finished the official meeting and I took thousands of notes and am
trying to get it all across to you! It’s all very important, so please take a moment to read and digest it all.
** Please note – the following information applies immediately and will do so for approximately 2 weeks, until we reach 80% double
dose vaccination in Victoria and more information is communicated to us after that **
All players (no matter what age) currently have an exemption for OUTDOOR community sport and do NOT have to be
- This exemption does NOT apply to indoor sport or being in indoor spaces (shops, work, buildings etc), other than a toilet.
- We have been told that this is looking VERY likely that it may change soon to everybody needing to be vaccinated
WORKERS who are 16+ years of age (coaches, team managers, scorers, staff, head coaches, umpires, supervisors, mentors, committee
members – any paid or volunteer staff who have a ‘role’) all MUST be vaccinated. They must have their
first dose by the 22nd October and their second dose by the 26th November
- Any players who are also umpires, coaches or have other “worker” roles, fall into the WORKER category and must be vaccinated
CDNA need to document proof of worker vaccination certificates for the entire Association and will be doing so in a secure fashion. All
workers’ certificates will need to be SIGHTED and then RECORDED. At this stage, a copy of it does not need to be physically
kept and stored, but the certificate itself does need to be actually sighted and then recorded, not just somebody taking
their word for it.
** We are going to have to rely on clubs and independent teams to complete this part of the Government mandate to assist us with this
process, I’m sorry. We will need clubs to SIGHT the vaccination certificate of ALL of their workers (committee members, coaches, team
managers, scorers – any other volunteer with a role) and then advise me so I can keep a secure and confidential master CDNA record. It may
be best to come to me with a spreadsheet once you have completed your list of everyone at your end – it may be a lot easier than sending
through separate info and then you can also be reassured by having the info recorded yourself too. Again, that’s RECORDING having SIGHTED
the vaccination records and not STORING or keeping actual copies of them. I will be asking for lists of coaches and TM’s and other workers
etc for each team you enter into the Return to Play Comp (plus Committee members!), so we can ensure everyone is doing what is required. We
can at least take solace in the fact that we should only have to do this once…….unless they choose to mandate players in the future too, but
I will let you know if and when that happens of course! Many thanks to you all **
TRAINING (at the moment – this will probably change after 2 weeks)
- CDNA sanctioned training commences on the 25th October
- The CDNA change rooms will NOT be allowed to be open at the moment, so only the public toilet can be used
Training must be NON-CONTACT
- There must be NO MATCH PLAY
- There can be NO switching of courts
- The usual no sharing of phones, towels, drink bottles, food etc
- NO spectators are allowed at the moment
Absolutely everyone must check in using the CDNA courts QR code. I have attached it again for you or it’s on the office window at the
- Please make sure ALL of your teams and workers have also checked in BEFORE training commences
We would really prefer each individual team enter the courts all in the same way, so please communicate with your teams and work out the
best one for each of them
- Everyone 12+ must carry a face mask with them at all times and wear it both indoors and outdoors
- No face mask is needed if you are exercising, training or umpiring
- Coaches really should be wearing masks at all times
NOTES TO TAKE ON BOARD
- These are the Government, Netball Victoria and Glen Eira City Council rules, not CDNA’s. We must abide by them all
- There is every chance things may change very soon, so please be prepared
- Stay up to date with exposure sites and act appropriately if you are exposed or feeling unwell
- Do not attend training or the courts if you are feeling unwell
As with everything, of course there will be some exemptions for genuine medical reasons. If this is the case, CDNA need to see proof of
exemption, via a medical or professional document
Please remember that you are part of CDNA community and make sure you abide by and enforce every Government rule to lead by
example and keep our kids and community as safe as possible.
Please pass this information on to your members, making sure any workers are aware of their requirements and have enough time to ensure
they can comply
CDNA VACCINATION POLICY
A CDNA Vaccination Policy will be completed very shortly. I must admit, I made a start on one a little while ago and didn’t think this was
going to be the directives we were given, so it does need to be amended. Once it’s finalised, I will email you all a copy – noting that
Netball Victoria have told us it is extremely likely to change in 2 weeks time anyway. This will also alter the current CDNA COVID Safety
Plan, which I will amend and re-release.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t ever hesitate to reach out. I will be in touch with you all straight away if anything changes
or well before the competition is due to start and your team names are due in.
Take care and I look forward to no doubt seeing you all around in person soon!
Netball Operations Manager