CDNA Update - Spring Season commencing 30th & 31st July - Restrictions Info
We’re so happy to be saying welcome back! We hope you all got through lockdown as well as possible and are looking forward to being back out
there this weekend!
Thank you for your patience as we worked through all of the necessary advice and guidelines. We now need to update you and your members on
the protocols for the next two weeks. There’s a bit of information to get through but it is all super important, so please read it
All of the below information is a directive from both the Victorian Government and our governing body, Netball Victoria. It is a requirement
that we all abide by this and that we consider the safety of our own community.
- The are NO spectators allowed at any time.
- People permitted are: players, umpires, coaches, team managers, scorers, court supervisors and CDNA staff.
- A parent/guardian may ONLY attend to support the participation of a child (eg, a very young child such as Net Set Go) or to
support individuals with additional needs (ie, medical).
We have a strict density limit of 300 people maximum allowed to be on our courts and surrounding surfaces at any one
time. This means the courts, the sidelines and the walkways at both ends of the courts too. What’s not included in that area is the
car park (behind the perimeter fence), the soccer oval (behind the perimeter fence) and technically the grassed areas beside courts 1 and 10
(behind the ropes we put up). With the people who are allowed (outlined above) we will be up around the 260 people mark anyway, so we
cannot have parents just coming in to watch, as it will tip our numbers over the allowed 300 people mark straight away.
If you have parents who want to come along to watch, they can do that but they will all have to stand outside the perimeter fences…all of
them…. and maintain social distancing and gathering restrictions. Our COVID Safety Officers will be at the entry points to help with this.
- Everyone must check in with the CDNA QR code (attached)
- Parents may check in children from their car
- COVID Safety Officers will be asking every person if they have checked in.
- Face masks are compulsory both indoors and outdoors (valid exemptions excepted).
Anyone who is 12 years or older must wear a mask at all times. This includes coaches, team managers, scorers and CDNA staff.
- Players (12+) who are NOT on the court but are on the bench must wear a mask.
Umpires and players on the court do NOT have to wear a mask but must wear a mask when walking to the court. (A Ziplock bag is recommended
to keep masks safe until needed)
- Please make sure you are all wearing yours and wearing them correctly (over the nose and mouth completely) to set the example.
- Changerooms will be open for toilet use – no congregating inside due to density limits
- Toilets underneath the athletics grandstand stairs will be open
- Public toilet will be available
- We will provide match balls
- Umpires will bring the scoresheets to the court and return them after the games
- Umpires will sanitise the goal posts and balls in between games
- Encourage players to bump elbows or give 3 cheers instead of high 5’s or shaking hands
- All teams must provide bibs – CDNA will not be supplying any
- All teams must have a basic first aid kit on hand
- Teams are expected to sanitise warm up balls, bibs and other equipment
- No sharing of drink bottles, towels, phones, uniforms, clothes, lip balm etc
“GET IN, GET OUT”
- Players must arrive ready, dressed and strapped to take the court
- Warmups will not be able to be on court until it is vacated by the previous game
- Do not arrive at your court more than 10 minutes before your game
- Once a game is finished, please leave the court area straight away
- Please leave through the nearest gate to your court
COVID SAFETY OFFICERS
We will have trained COVID Safety Officers on duty, all in fluorescent vests for identification. They will be reminding people of these
protocols and we ask that you remind your members to treat them with respect as they do their job and keep everyone safe
- The canteen will be open with a limited menu of coffee, cold drinks and a small amount of food
- No BBQ will be operating
- We accept cash or contactless card payments
- We are playing Round 1 in the fixtures
- The rest of the fixture will be updated shortly
The CDNA Committee will be meeting soon to discuss alternatives for the rest of the Spring season, to potentially make up the 2 weeks we
Please keep up to date with the Governments’ exposure sites list (https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-site)
If anybody has been to any of the locations on this list during the specified times, follow the specific advice for that exposure site
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home
- If you or your family are displaying any symptoms, go and get tested
- The density limits still apply on training nights, so no spectators are permitted there either
Everyone must check in when at training. This can be through the CDNA QR code (attached and on the control box window), or through a
separate club one, if available
All teams must now have their own “COVID Check-In Marshall”, who’s job it is to ensure everyone on their specific court has checked in
using the QR code. Nobody extra needs to do it, a Team Manager or even the coach can do this before training begins
Pride Round has been rescheduled to the 14th August. More information will follow soon.
- We have some new umpires starting over the next few weeks so please be aware and encouraging
That covers everything I think! Thank you for taking the time to read through this. We know that everyone is doing everything within their
power to avoid an outbreak happening and our great community being affected.
** Please pass this onto ALL of your members so they understand what is expected of them too. **
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask any time. Our staff will be there to help on the weekend if you need as well.
Thank you for helping CDNA stay COVID safe.
Take care and have a great weekend!
Netball Operations Manager - Caulfield & District Netball Association