Update from CDNA's Delegates Meeting
Thanks Sharon and Alison for attending the delegates meeting on behalf of St Anthony's Glenhuntly Netball Club. Below is an outline of
what was covered on the night:-
- Caulfield South has apparently rebranded as Elwood Netball Club & the McKinnon Netball Club was welcomed
- There is a new book keeper
- 202 teams registered for Autumn 2020
New score sheets - basically like the waverley night competition ones. You will need to handwrite teams for these rounds, no need to put
VNA number, just player's first name & surname.
Grading fixtures and results - will not be on MyNetball so we won't know who else has won in the first 3 rounds. This means no ladder or
results from the other games in your division will be available.
New score sheets
Basically like the waverley night competition ones. You will need to handwrite teams for these
rounds, no need to put VNA number, just player's first name & surname. 11&U
Scoresheet Procedures are not yet up on the CDNA site. See revised below (click on image to see enlarged version):-
- 11&U (note its not U11 anymore) div 6 and 7 are equal as there are so many new U11 teams.
- Can wear leggings and long sleeve t-shirts for all games if they want, but must all wear same colour in the team.
- Rotations around positions every game/week. Aim of 11&U is for the girls to get experience in all positions.
All 11&U positions should be marked on the scoresheet for all quarters. (not mandatory but they want to see rotations for this age
Car parking signs & laws need to be followed at all times. Parking can be chaotic around DM so get there in time and please park
Mixed competition - 15&U
3 teams in mixed comp 15&U - CDNA is really keen to get this up and going and would appreciate any girls team nominating to play in the
mixed competition to get it off the ground.
CDNA is following Dept of Health guidelines. One impact is on uniform delays coming out of China - CDNA will be lenient, but clubs need to
communicate with CDNA regarding delays
- Players can elect to play in a mask if wanted, but must be paper/fabric - no plastic or gimmick masks
- Start using 11&U, 13&U language to describe age levels
- 11&U and 13&U - no limit on number of boys in the team (theoretically could be a full team of boys).
- 15&u, 17&U - 3 boys maximum with one boy in each third. eg. one GA/GS, one WA/C/WD and one GD/GK
- Within one team, girls can choose to wear dress or shorts and top - they dont all need to wear a dress if they dont want to.
- Shorts must be club shorts, no zips, pockets etc. all team must wear same shorts.
- No restrictions on socks at all. You dont even have to wear socks any more :-)
Core players vs borrowed/fill ins - a team must have the same or more core players than borrowed. eg 4 core players can have 4 borrowed. 3
core can only have 3 borrowed meaning play with 6.
If you have 7 core players, you can still have borrowed within above rules, meaning you could get a few borrowed players if you
- No change in play 3 games with a team, you are in that team rule
No tolerance for poor behaviour from spectators. CDNA wants clubs to really hammer home this message to parents, players
and supporters. Please advise your parents and spectators to stay behind the line, stay on the side of the court allocated to your team
and to cheer both sides
11&U div 6 and & 7 will be following modified rules - only one umpire on the court who will explicitly manage the play and will
follow modified rules according to what is happening on court.
- Umpires will focus on basic skills for first 3 games - eg stepping and contact
- Umpire supervisor is trying to sort out the waiting list of people wanting to umpire
- Umpires are having specific training sessions
- As always if there is an issue, go to a redcoat..
- For all parents - please remember that a lot of the umpires are young and still learning - they could be your daughter..
Hard copy fixtures were distributed to be loaded on the CDNA website at 9am Wednesday (12/2).
(It seems some people are having success seeing the new fixtures and some aren’t.
So, if you are still being directed to last year’s MyNetball site, here’s what you can do….
Once you’re into where all of the age divisions are, you’ll need to make sure you:
- Click on the correct box for the age division you want
- Then click on the small yellow writing that says that division (it’s a link to the PDF fixture)
Fixtures have now been emailed to the team managers.
New Committee Members
New committee members are called for to join the CDNA as the President and several other members are stepping down. Please consider
nominating for a role on the CDNA as without this committee there can be no competition.
Leave a Comment